Friday, November 5, 2010

Fri. 11/05

4:00pm CDT - Not the week I wanted to start November but it's over and in the books. Changed things around too much after the Monday loss which hurt performance rest of week. More discipline and rigor going forward next week.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS -$236(24), ZW -$24(12), RLM -$29(10)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:46
Net $P/L:-289
Wins:4
Losses:7
Win%:36
Avg$Win:399
Avg$Loss:-269

For the week, net was -$4400 in beans, -$443 in corn, -$1030 in wheat, and $174 in mini-Russell.

I haven't updated my blog on ZS System performance curve since May. You may recall I stopped trading this specific system on 9/16/10 due to the drawdown being more than expected from backtest results. As spooztrader warned me, the P/L curve would likely bounce back up as soon as I quit and it has (after a bit of a rollercoaster ride)! Below is the proof:


On another note, here's what I was testing this week with 1-lots and moved to 5-lots today (1 winner, 1 loser today). I will continue trading this RLM system going forward and hope for similar results. It is a simple S/R system that enters on retraces and has a target and stop loss of 10 ticks each.

3 comments:

  1. Lol, I've been trying to stay silent. Sometimes we've got to get run over a few times on our own before we learn. When you look back after a few years, and you've modified your strategies significantly every few months or so, and you still haven't made any money, you know it's time for a change. That was me a few years back. You realize it's not the system, it's the execution. Now sure some systems work better than others, but if you've got a workable system give it time. And the key is to have a system. There aren't many people suited to discretionary trading, and if they say they are a discretionary trader they still likely follow some kind of system whether they know it or not.

    And like I stated back in Sept my own systems were in drawdown mode (and I would suspect a large # of other traders were facing similar circumstances with the choppy markets), but since then I've gained back more than 50% of the drawdown. It was a tough time period, but glad to have weathered it and looking forward to the next equity peak.

    Come on and join the ride brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alert: "available beans sourced from Brazil in January, may be reduced by 75%"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooz, I'll join the ride once I find out where to get air in my tires.

    Thanks Cory - didn't see that but I don't really follow the news, just the action on the charts.

    ReplyDelete