Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Let the Blogging Begin

My first post! Hmmm... How to summarize things? I guess a bit more background (more than is in the "about me" section) is in order. I've been trading since 2001 but only full-time since 2003. I started out in stocks but switched to futures about 4 years ago. Results? Mediocre. Poor. Terrible. Great. Astounding. Pathetic. I've had them all. I once had a month where I made 6 figures and once had a day where I lost 6 figures. (search "mbagearhead" at elitetrader.com and look at summer 2007 posts if you want to review that chapter of my trading career.)

I've had a rough start to 2009 but I'm finely feeling somewhat confident that I have created a system that has potential. Lord knows I've had this feeling many times before. But with each trade and each hour of screen time I accumulate, I gain a little bit more experience that I think will pay off one day. I'm an optimist and I believe any successful trader must be! This is by far the most challenging career I have ever had and hope to stay in it for the rest of my working days.

I start this blog today, in the middle of April, in the year 2009 to document my journey forward toward achieving the potential I see in this business. I'm nowhere near it yet but continue to know it is within my grasp.

I'm not intending to discuss my system details or answer every comment that comes my way but will contribute where I can when time permits. As a retail trader working from home, this is a solitaire business and I think blogging will help me reach out more and get involved in the trading community. As mentioned, for awhile I was active at elitetrader but have mostly stayed away due to too many rules and too many skeptics. Here I have all the control over what I post and I hope that creative freedom will keep me motivated to continue to blog and document my journey.

Good trading to all!
MBA

5 comments:

  1. Good start, it's nice to see you here

    Keep it up!

    zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on over 2 years of blogging :)

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It is already 3 years of blogging.
    I can see your blog is growing as well as your experience.

    Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad there is no "like" button like facebook. I totally understand how u feel. Somewhere deep down inside, u know u will make it one day.. Sooner or later.. See u at the top bro. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete