Friday, May 14, 2010

Fri.

12:50pm CDT - I really need to slap crude, she's been a b*tch this week! Too bad my system doesn't capture the bigger swings like the short move today. Another item for the "to do" list.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $1169(6), GCL -$822(5)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:11
Net $P/L:347
Wins:1
Losses:1
Win%:50
Avg$Win:1169
Avg$Loss:-822

For the week, 0 for 3 in crude for a $3300 loss there. But beans more than made up for that.

Finally, an update on my 2 systems I am trading is below (Jan 1st thru today). I update my Excel files every couple weeks or so to see how the theoretical P/L curve should look. I guess I should overlay my actual results since I started trading these in March (which are very close) but this is all I have for now...

4 comments:

  1. Ha. You are schooling me and I have been doing this for a long time. Need to get my software finished, expand the trading set, and hurry up and get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gearhead - this is "Syswizard" - remember me ?

    Looks like you've just completely moved out of the financial index futures now ?
    No more ES/YM/NQ's for you ?

    I've been trading the EUR/USD (6E) and WOW, what a learning experience that has been lately.
    Setting stops too tight is KILLING me.
    I need to backtest for the optimal stop placement...if that can be done.
    What's your take ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TCat, I've been following your private blog and although the programming talk is all greek to me, I admire your tenacity. Hope you get there!

    Syswizard, of course I remember you. Yeah I gave up on stock indexes for now at least. However the ES has me thinking again with the expanded moves it has offered the past couple weeks! As for stops, find what works for you or backtests best. I normally use a 6 tick stop in ZS but if I tried that in CL I would get killed nearly every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MBA - I'm liking the EUR/USD (6E) mini- it rocks.
    Strangely, it correlates to YM during the day session. Also, as you are probably aware, the pundits are calling for this contract to go to 1.00 (currently at 1.23)
    That's about $28k per contract !!!
    However, this beast is NOT going straight down...so watch out for the "head fakes".

    ReplyDelete