Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wed. 11/17

3:00pm CST - D'OH!!! Well, I'm down but not out. My account is back to where it was in mid-June. I am imposing a short break from live trading for a short spell to reassess and re-secure my discipline. Today I watched the huge early run of ZS 20+ cents straight up in the opening 4 min. but had no signals in my system. After that I was following my trade signals perfectly until, after several losers in a row in the chop, I decided to widen my stop on the last ZS short from 1.5 cents to 5 cents (target was also 5 cents). I was stopped and then my target was hit without me. So today was "almost" a nice day but that is no way to trade and "almost" does not belong in a trader's vocabulary. My bigger losing days have always exceeded my bigger winning days for awhile now. That must change.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS -$3211(24), RLM -$29(10)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:34
Net $P/L:-3240
Wins:1
Losses:5
Win%:17
Avg$Win:486
Avg$Loss:-745

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you having so much trouble right now. I know how aggravating it can be.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really a discipline problem? Maybe its a matter of adding some discretionary input to a plan that seems pretty rigid. Our eyes and judgment are our best tools. We can sense and see things that a rigid system can't. It does make it harder on the noodle but maybe easier on the wallet. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michael.
    YM, I am a terrible discretionary trader as I have "proved to myself" many times over. LOL ...but thanks for the thought!

    ReplyDelete