Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tues.

1:00pm CDT - 3rd day in a row with a loss in crude system. That happens but today was very frustrating and profits would have been $2000 higher had crude traded down just 1 more cent to 80.96 to fill my limit order. My system does not allow for moving a stop but I did anyways because I knew I would be not be a happy camper if I took a loss after so nearly being filled. But when price didn't move all the way up to stop, I shorted again and later got stopped.

I am fully aware of the argument that I risked 53 cents to make 1 additional cent. But I know that I can find a much greater number of cases where that risk pays off. It boils down to the trailing stop argument, to trail or not to trail...



Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $1182(6), GCL -$795(8)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:14
Net $P/L:386
Wins:2
Losses:1
Win%:67
Avg$Win:602
Avg$Loss:-818

2 comments:

  1. Your ZS performance is excellent. I'm just not convinced you've got a handle on CL. Energy is one of the toughest markets to trade.

    Is there any stock proxy for ZS? (I don't trade futures.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not convinced of anything!
    See my comment here for your ZS question.

    ReplyDelete