Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tues.

2:30pm CST -
Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $229(4)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:4
Net $P/L:229
Wins:1
Losses:1
Win%:50
Avg$Win:315
Avg$Loss:-85

Backtesting continues on new CL system and it looks okay back through Fall '08. I'm going to start trading it to feel out any execution issues and go from there. The max drawdown experienced did increase from yesterday's reported 163 ticks to 324 ticks which occurred Oct/Nov. '08 due to increased volatility. I am going to tweak things to trade 1-2 contracts when risk is high and additional contracts when risk is lower. This will smooth out the equity curve a bit. Currently OEC's day trading margin for GCL is $2700/contract and I will get nowhere close to this. QM was considered but volume is just too thin...

2 comments:

  1. MBA,
    My broker : CL day trade margins are $2,000 per contract. Costs are $3.75 a side

    Forget QM. I give you 1 CL tip after months of observation. Pit session may give us grand slam movement, but pure electronic session 3 hours before that usually have smoother move

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tip TST - I'll keep starting at 5am in mind!

    ReplyDelete