Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tough Day at Office

2:00pm CST - A tough day at the office, in part thanks to a broker quote outage that started at 10:17am and lasted more than an hour! I was in 6E and ZS positions at the time and not being able to see the charts caused stress if not a loss in profits? Who knows what I would have done had I seen the action. I also made a couple 2 lot trades today which were losses so that was not a good start to the day either.

Here's a couple of the winning ZS trades:


Net breakdown (contracts traded):
6B $61(3), 6E -$94(4), RLM $47(1), ZS -$251(5)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:13
Net $P/L:-237
Wins:7
Losses:4
Win%:59
Avg$Win:55
Avg$Loss:-156

3 comments:

  1. An hour??? That'd have killed me! Do you have a number to call? If i remember correctly, this is the 3rd or 4th time it's happened in the past few months?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No clue why you still trade through them when better and more cost-efficient options are available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had delayed quotes on eSignal so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Plus existing orders still worked and new ones could be placed on OEC's DOM. It was like the lights went off though! Jules, they do have a number I called to get status/ETA on when quotes would be back but of course they had no answer...

    Last time (that I recall) was 10/27/09 so it's been awhile. Any broker will have issues on occasion which is why I haven't been in any hurry to move my accounts. But they have been treading on thin ice for awhile now!

    ReplyDelete