Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chicken

1:15pm CST - 2 good days in a row. I could get used to this. But I continue to be upset with myself for not letting profits run further. This is such a huge struggle for me because 1) I'm chicken and/or 2) I've had years of scalping etched into my brain. That's one of the things I love about trading. There is ALWAYS room for improvement (in my case MUCH improvement)!


Net breakdown (contracts traded):
6E $240(2), ZS $95(1)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:3
Net $P/L:335
Wins:3
Losses:0
Win%:100
Avg$Win:112
Avg$Loss:0

Corn was locked limit down today. I don't trade this but this is a good reminder of what can happen in some futures markets with extreme moves (happens mostly in the grains). Read contract specs at www.cmegroup.com for more info.

Daily Price Limits:
  • Corn, $0.30 per bushel expandable to $0.45 and then to $0.70 when the market closes at limit bid or limit offer.
  • Wheat, $0.60 per bushel expandable to $0.90 and then to $1.35 when the market closes at limit bid or limit offer.
  • Soybeans, $0.70 per bushel expandable to $1.05 and then to $1.60 when the market closes at limit bid or limit offer.
  • ES, RTH: Successive 10%, 20%, 30% limits (downside only), ETH (overnight): 5% up or down
If you were stuck long in Corn, this is the DOM you were staring at all day after the opening minute! Remember, in most limit down cases, there's another highly correlated market you can try to hedge your position with to limit some of the damage. (ie., hedge corn with wheat, hedge ES with YM, etc.)

2 comments:

  1. I would have been freaking out being stuck long in a lock limit down contract.

    Nice start to the week!

    ReplyDelete