Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Initial Plans

Trading this year will produce positive results, or else!!! (I say "or else" jokingly.) I believe in positive thinking and know that I can be successful again at this gig. Why else would I be here? I am fortunate that I don't have to take X-dollars out of my account each month for living expenses as I have no debt and have meager rental income that helps pay the bills. I do have 2 futures accounts, a smaller taxed account that I have been trading in 2009, and a larger IRA account that I traded in 2007 and 2008 that I will resume trading once I have a positive sloping equity curve in the smaller account.

Plans for 2010 are general and subject to change but for starters:
1) I will trade less frequently and wait for higher probability trades
2) I will target greater than 1:1 Reward:Risk ratio

If I can be successful at those, the P/L will take care of itself. Either way, life will go on. And my wish is that we all keep things in proper perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment