Monday, November 30, 2009

Pissed

2:15pm CST - Having regrets is not good but this one is going to stay with me for at least the rest of the day. I think I'm entitled...

After lots of homework and backtesting in the past few days, I decided I would start trading a new plan today with specific entry and exit rules and virtually no discretion involved. I say "virtually" because there will always be some scenario that I, and thus my rules, hadn't thought of. I have more backtesting to do before I feel 95% confident with this method (I would say 100% but anyone who says that isn't a realist, and I am). I'll elaborate more in future posts.

Anyways, today started bad with a $500 hit on crude. Then a nice $300 gain in beans, followed by the trade that made my head hurt (from kicking it repeatedly). Attached is the chart. I missed booking $900 thanks to not following my system. It was just laying there and I let somebody else have it. Back at it tomorrow....
11/30/09 Trades

Net breakdown: GCL -$229, ZS $307
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:3
Net $P/L:78
Wins:2
Losses:1
Win%:67
Avg$Win:297
Avg$Loss:-515

No comments:

Post a Comment