Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

3:15pm CST - I escaped Friday the 13th bad luck with a final winner that got me back to breakeven on the day. The tape had so many dead zones today it was tough to stay alert.
11/13/09 ES Trades

I told myself mid-week if I didn't have a positive week, I would take some time off for at least part of next week. So that's what I'm going to do. Of course my idea of "time off" means I will still be pouring through charts, backtesting strats, etc. - I just won't be placing trades. Have a good weekend all.

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:10
Net $P/L:-1
Wins:4
Losses:5
Win%:44
Avg$Win:90
Avg$Loss:-72

5 comments:

  1. you make the list on http://highprobability.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! a chart finally, one thing I don't like about OEC chart is it keeps adjusting itself to the most current bar. So you are a few clicks away from sierrachart using OEC feed. Anyway here is the 1m chart http://i38.tinypic.com/x0o7ja.png
    with 3 MAs nothing revolutionary there, just some visual landmarks. What I want to explain is the bar color. Let say you get a green bar (trend is up, trend is your friend) those fade bars don't count because their closes are inside the previous bar thus the up trend remains intact until a close below the previous bar range and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cory, thanks for comment and the chart idea. I have a similar bar painting script I have experimented with in eSignal. I really don't use OEC charts much since eSignal is much better. However I can tell you how to fix current bar problem. In OEC chart window, go to View and unselect "Lock Latest Bar." Then you can scroll back as far as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How would you describe your style - do you try and trade with the trend or counter-trend? I ask because both the shorts at 1091 look counter trend to me and so low probability/high pay-off type trades. But when I look at an earlier long you took profits quickly even though it was with the trend. This doesn't sound like a winning combination in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JZW, those 1091 shorts were probing the short side which failed to materialize of course. I am generally a trend trader (lately) entering on breakouts or pullbacks.

    ReplyDelete