Friday, May 15, 2009

Self-imposed Hiatus

1:00pm CDT - Today I decided to go back to higher frequency micro-scalping for 2 ticks or so per trade and was doing okay until I then decided to increase leverage and a deficit began and then mushroomed. No excuses - my head is just not in the right place lately! This spell I've been in has to end eventually. But today was my last straw. I'm forcing myself to take at least a week off from live trading. Will do some paper trading and work things out.

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:69
Net $P/L:-3792
Wins:18
Losses:16
Win%:53
Avg$Win:28
Avg$Loss:-268

4 comments:

  1. MBA,

    Sorry to hear your recent loss. From I've read here, I feel you are not trading. What you have been doing lately is even worse than gambling.

    Work on your methodology and your disclipine. Otherwise you are doing financial suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, sorry about the loss man!
    Avg$Win: 28
    Avg$Loss: -268

    That right there tells the story. Plus, didn't you set a daily loss limit a few days ago? Work out the discipline issues on Sim; nothing wrong with going on Sim as long as you treat it like real $, and trade the same size as you would on the real $ account. Not sure what broker you're with, but the Sim I use gives worst fills than live $ trading, so if I can make a few bucks on Sim, I'm pretty confident I'll see at least similar results on real $ (perhaps even better results due to better fills).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are over-trading. All the other days, under 20 contracts. Today, 69? I sense revenge-trading.

    -Lolatency

    ReplyDelete
  4. most people like to see failure. it's fun. you follow some blogs that are likely filled with scam artists. Short-term trading is not fulfilling nor rewarding. Try something else. gl.

    ReplyDelete