Thursday, May 28, 2009

Escape from May

3:00pm CDT - Escaped a few major rapes but lost focus and put some questionable trades on that met criteria but got in by chasing the entry price. What a newb I am. Someday I will learn, I swear! It was a tough trading day with 4 or 6 major swings depending on how you define them. At this point, I don't look forward to reporting my May P/L tomorrow but am glad this month is nearly over.

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:61
Net $P/L:-333
Wins:14
Losses:12
Win%:54
Avg$Win:94
Avg$Loss:-138

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I followed your blog for a while and got the conclusion your system doesn`t have an edge. It is a statistical game. Your % of wins/ loss is not high enough to overcome your low average win / average loss %. It is a fact. I found to be comfortable in scalping someone have to have 70-75% wins and at least .7-.8 aver. win/ aver. loss ratio.
    Also, I noted you take a lot of contertrend signals. In that situation your winning rate should be even higher because av. win/av.loss usually lower.

    traderB52

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B52, your conclusion is spot on, this month anyways, based on the info I have made available on this blog. But keep in mind that I am trading several strategies and results are comingled along with many discretionary trades this month that were my biggest losers. That I am fixing! Patience and discipline have been lacking...

    ReplyDelete