Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Scratch Trades Don't Really Exist

3:05pm CDT - Happy with end of day despite no gain. Was down $100 in morning after a couple trades. Missed shorting the double top at 912.75 which was picture perfect to the tick. But of course I tried to play the potential double bottom at 904.75 and stopped out for a point. Spent the afternoon reading the DOM and scalping for a tick or two and exiting for same when things didn't go well. I used to do this a lot a few years ago but got away from it because it requires so much effort and concentration.

By the way, I never report any scratch or break-even trades. They are all either wins or losses in my book. If I exit a trade at same price I entered, it is a loser since I did not cover my commission. If I get out for a tick, it is a winner since I netted 2/3 of a tick or so after commission.

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:15
Net $P/L:11
Wins:8
Losses:5
Win%:62
Avg$Win:25
Avg$Loss:-38

No comments:

Post a Comment