Thursday, August 18, 2011

Clock with Seconds

1:30pm CDT - I'm still here.... Toiling away on systems work. I haven't made a single trade all week but admit I've been watching to see how my ZSRO system would have performed. 8 losers in a row this week and zero winners. So I've "saved" myself $2000 so far by not trading. Haha - take THAT Mr. Market!

If you're like me and hate the system tray clock on Windows down on the lower right of your monitor, I found an answer. Why on earth Windows doesn't allow you to display seconds is beyond me. Even if you don't trade minute charts, it's nice to know how many seconds are left before the market opens, closes, news is released, etc. This simple software works great: http://stoicjoker.com/TClock.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back MBA. Glad to hear about all the money you "made" by ignoring that dog with fleas too (just my humble opinion). It's interesting that you need to know the time of day that precisely for your plan. Years ago when I was doing timed bars I had a countdown clock that would let me know when a bar was ready to roll-over to the next one. But that's not the type of clock you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks YM. It's more that I "want" to know, not "need" to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use DS 'atomic 'clock, you may modified to have seconds counting - foc

    http://www.dualitysoft.com/dsclock/

    ReplyDelete