Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tues. 5/17

2:05pm CDT - Lost $600 in crude to start the day and I may throw in towel for awhile on that symbol. When it can move regularly over $200 per contract in 10 seconds it is way too wild for scalping! I should know better!


Meanwhile, ZS paid nicely today offsetting more than the CL losses although I had to work for it and left much on table. But 2 losers at end of day brought me back to red overall. I literally left it on table (2 contracts long) at the closing bell when I thought I would get filled on my exit order but did not. So I will update my stats below later tonight when I exit that position (hope it doesn't gap down!)

6:15pm CDT EDIT: Got out of 2 long ZS at par (13.4175). Of course it went up 2.5 cents right after my exit. Wheat is actually up 9 cents from it's close, now just 15 min. after the open.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $576(24), CL -$618(4)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:28
Net $P/L:-42
Wins:6
Losses:8
Win%:43
Avg$Win:229
Avg$Loss:-177

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh. I'm nervous for you. Hope it works for you and not against you!

    Good luck!

    -AT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I wasn't nervous but I could have booked $300 if I had not exited so quickly after tonight's open. Oh well, live to trade tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deal!

    "...live to trade tomorrow!"

    That's the key right there.

    -AT

    ReplyDelete