Friday, May 13, 2011

Fri. 5/13

2:00pm CDT - Back to "normal" today on Friday the 13th. Good thing I'm not superstitious! CL was a pain in the rear with large stops required for any chance of success. I still can't seem to hold for big gains and partly to blame is that I'm not convinced it's a better approach. An early ZS short I took off for 3 cents, then it immediately fell another 8 cents! I've seen too many times when that 2-4 cent gain reverses and stops out a trade at breakeven or a loss. Such is the trader's never ending dilemma....

Results for the week, net gain of $644.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $632(6), CL -$86(8)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:17
Net $P/L:546
Wins:6
Losses:5
Win%:55
Avg$Win:240
Avg$Loss:-179

2 comments:

  1. Can Blogger erase my bad trades too? Traders dilemma/conundrum, I know it well. In the last 2 days I let slip 2 of the biggest winners I've seen in a couple weeks. One was due to eating lunch (don't only wimps eat lumch?) and the other was wanting 1 more tick of pullback..the classic "dick for a tick". Of course knowng these were big winners was only seen after-the-fact. None of us are psychics and so dilemmas as you mentioned never have right or wrong answers or solutions. They are just part of the game and since we can't control the future we must control our reaction to it. We take the good with the bad, get over it, and move forward. The great thing about daytrading is that you get several chances a day to watch this dilemma unfold and experiment with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good observations YM but I can see you are not a serious trader. Serious traders always eat lunch in front of the computer (w/o spilling on keyboard or mouse)! :)

    ReplyDelete