Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thurs. 8/12

1:45pm CDT - Crude loser in my main system but if my stop had been 2 ticks lower I would have had a nice winner on the long side. Once again, it's a game of a ticks.

To answer De'Trader's question yesterday regarding overtrading or revenge trading, I have pretty much kicked that curse by limiting my number of trades per day. This varies for each of my systems which I trade (or try to trade) independently of one another.
-ZS system: 2 trades max/day
-CL main system: 1 trade max/day
-CL discretionary system: 3 trades max/day

In general, I risk no more than 2% of my account on any single trade. I don't really have a daily $ or % stop limit where I shut things down. The above limits pretty much take care of any major damage. That's what works for me anyways....

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $818(16), GCL -$672(5)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:21
Net $P/L:146
Wins:1
Losses:2
Win%:33
Avg$Win:1559
Avg$Loss:-707

2 comments:

  1. Tq MBA for your kind answer :)
    I think you have a good winning ratio system on you. 2 trade max per instrument will be a disaster for me. However my system is matter of consolidation. The more it failed, the closer it will suceed.

    Yesterday's trade should be winner if I entered the last signal :(

    Tq again for the answer. Looking forward to create my anti-overtrade system :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The more it fails, the closer it is to succeeding." If I understand what you are saying, you should be careful. This implies that the more times you flip a coin and tails comes up, the more likely the next flip will be heads. This of course is not true. Each flip/trade is independent of the previous one.

    ReplyDelete