Wednesday, June 30, 2010

To the penny

12:00pm CDT - If crude oil would have gone up 6 more cents (an easy feat for crude) I would have booked a $2800 day. I very nearly took my long crude position off around 76.50 but my system and trading plan do not call for moving targets once they are set. As the 9:30 CDT inventory report hit, I thought for sure the "noise" would push it up enough but it did not. It fell off quickly, bounced back up (instilling further hope that my target would hit), but then fell back and stopped me out for a 29 cent loss. Such is life and trading!

A soybean short near open worked beautifully even though I captured less than 20% of the huge down move and gap fill. One final crude long at 75.90 locked in 28 cents. And after entering the daily total in my Excel spreadsheet, I knew I had to stop trading for the day and month. My net total for June is EXACTLY, to the penny, $10,000.00. If that's not a sign to stop, I don't know what is!

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $1169(6), GCL -$627(6)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:12
Net $P/L:543
Wins:2
Losses:1
Win%:67
Avg$Win:860
Avg$Loss:-1178

1 comment: