Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Inches

2:30pm CDT - Blah is how I did with new crude system today. 7 trades there, 4 full stopouts, 1 out at BE (which I count as a loser since commission was not covered), and 2 that didn't hit target but I scraped out a profit on anyways. One of the full stops I lost $200 on as it stopped me at the low tick before reversing to my $300 target - so that single tick made the difference in a par day vs. a losing day on CL. This IS a game of inches (or fractions of an inch) in today's case.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $607(6), GCL -$461(7)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:13
Net $P/L:146
Wins:3
Losses:5
Win%:38
Avg$Win:322
Avg$Loss:-164

4 comments:

  1. What software are you employing for your backtesting ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My backtesting is very crude, scrolling through charts in eSignal and recording trades in Excel. Then analyzing Excel data. Very old school and time consuming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude- that's your problem. Backtesting is critical and it's an art-form. You are doing it like they did in the 1970's !!
    Let me know if you want to partner-up on doing some additional testing. I'm an expert at Tradestation's Easylanguage, so I can knock-out testing of simple systems very easily. All I need is data.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - I might take you up on that at some point. But my old school was is actually good for the confidence since you actually "see" every past trade, just like in real time.

    ReplyDelete