Friday, June 4, 2010

Early exits

12:30pm CDT - Here's to the end of this mistake-filled week! Although it's nice to make mistakes and still come out a winner, the week still sucked. Having had "opportunity cost" drilled into my noggin in all those economics classes I took once upon a time, the regret I feel is real but will pass.

Today's mistakes "cost" me $600 in beans, and $200 in crude. No point in going into details but suffice it to say I took trades off earlier than target and those targets easily hit just minutes later. Partly to blame is my mindset mentioned yesterday that I just wanted to lock in gains and not put more of my gains at risk. This is not how to trade and I must stick to my plan. Something to work on next week. Now it's Miller time!

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $569(6), GCL $1630(9)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:15
Net $P/L:2199
Wins:3
Losses:1
Win%:25
Avg$Win:863
Avg$Loss:-389

For the week, I lost $1250 in beans but made $4100 in crude.

1 comment:

  1. Nice week, but WOW, after all of these years of trading, you've forgotten the basic adage of trading "let your profits run" ??
    I know, I know...it is so easy to say.
    I noticed that after 4 or 5 losers in a row, my next trade could have been a big winner, but I get out too early to lock in a small profit.

    ReplyDelete