Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thurs.

12:00pm CDT - CL was due to pay me! :)
I'm waiting to hear back from my broker on this fill below. I really don't understand what happened. I should have been first in queue when price traded at 9.37 again after filling 1/6 of my limit order, right? Any theories out there why I didn't get 1 more lot filled at 9.37? (I ended up moving my order and got 2 ticks less on remaining 5 contracts.)


EDIT 1:30pm - After many emails back and forth, my broker offered a possible explanation. After my partial fill, price retraced 2 ticks and started returning to my 9.37 price. If, while trading at 9.3675, someone placed a sell limit order at 9.3675 but there were no bids at that price and someone placed a buy market order with the offer at 9.37, the order to sell at 9.3675 would fill at 9.37 (for a tick positive slippage) and take priority over my order.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $563(12), GCL $2022(4)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:16
Net $P/L:2586
Wins:2
Losses:1
Win%:67
Avg$Win:1496
Avg$Loss:-406

2 comments:

  1. I believe larger size also takes priority in the beans. If you were offering 6 at that price and someone else came in and offered more than 6; they would get filled first. Double check with your broker but I believe that's how that market operates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I don't think that's true. Aren't all the electronic markets FIFO? I'll have to see if I can find out anything. Or does your prop firm have info about this? Thx!

    ReplyDelete