Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dear Blog, Happy Birthday!

12:00pm CDT - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG!!!! Hard to believe it's been a year already (First Post 4/21/09) since I started this daily transparent log of every dollar I've made and lost. I don't see it ending anytime in the next year or more as it's become a habit and takes very little time. Plus I'm not very wordy and never feel compelled to provide witty commentary or a detailed play-by-play on the day. And I'm proud I'm not wasting anyone's time! As you will note below, most of you regular readers spend less than 10 sec. reading my blog entries. This blog is what it is, real results. I do wish more bloggers would join in and post daily actual net profits/losses but very few do for a variety of reasons. I feel real strongly about this for those that sell any type of service.

So continuing with my full transparency, here's a peek behind the curtain. Frankly I don't care at all how many visits or unique visitors I get but I am a numbers geek so find this stuff interesting. Hard to believe over 4000 have peeked in my windows!


As for today, it was good but anxious. I wasn't paying attention to the time when "cha-ching" alerted me to a fill in crude when the inventory report came out. Orders were in long before and entry and exit complete in 3 minutes, 15 seconds! Beans came within a tick of my 4 cent target but I ended up settling for less than 2 on the long side. I passed on the next trade which would have netted another $200 but I am content with the day/week so far.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $482(6), GCL $1517(3)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:9
Net $P/L:1998
Wins:2
Losses:0
Win%:100
Avg$Win:999
Avg$Loss:0

2 comments:

  1. And then there are rss subscribers only google reader count them 37.
    Anyway, happy blog birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FX, good point on the RSS!

    ReplyDelete