Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday

3:00pm CDT - Another Monday over, another week begins... I'm starting to get lulled into complacency with this market the past couple weeks. But boredom is good when trading I think, provided you remain focused on the charts. My setup I look for to place a trade typically only happens a few to a dozen times per day and my hold time averages around 5 mins. which means much of the day I'm sitting on my hands. In my past this was VERY hard for me to do but lately it has been much easier.

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:8
Net $P/L:204
Wins:5
Losses:1
Win%:83
Avg$Win:66
Avg$Loss:-128

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    From looking at your daily stats, it seems to me that you're a scalper that goes for small wins and uses loose stops (hence the very high win %). My style is quite different in that I look to play the bigger intraday moves, but I've always been interested in scalping. Having said that, my attempts at scalping haven't yet been able to replicate the success I've had trading the bigger swings.

    So I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind explaining how you trade and what you look for. Maybe you could put it in a blog post. I don't care about indicators and their settings, just a general framework of how you find high odds scalps.

    Thanks,

    Ziad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ziad, thanks for the comment but I'm not really interested in sharing my system details - hope you understand. But I will say that years of screentime have helped alot as well as the tons of backtesting of the hundreds of scalping ideas I've had. I'm only a month in on this current system so the jury is still out. I'm sure in the posts ahead I'll share a bit more...

    ReplyDelete