Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lack of Discipline

Discipline
4:00pm CDT - I suffered from lack of discipline before and this afternoon it reared its ugly head again! I really thought I had this ghost of my past licked but today proves otherwise. I have nobody to blame but myself and this dent wipes out nearly my entire month's gains. The worst part is that I would have ended the day about flat or slightly down after looking back at my charts and the setups I should have taken. The problem started in the early afternoon with a couple stop outs. I upped size to my normal 5 lot max size but quickly lost again and then the revenge trading began with 10 and 15 lots! I gave these trades lots of room with targets and stops exceeding 6 points. I knew this was not a smart way to end the month but it happened. If you look at the charts the last 2 hours today, you'll see why this was such a disaster.

In any event, this isn't a huge setback as I was trading mostly 1 lots all month to feel this system out. I still see the potential and will plow ahead. Once again, I chalk this day up as an expensive class in Discipline 101. Someday I hope to graduate!

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:65
Net $P/L:-2594
Wins:6
Losses:6
Win%:50
Avg$Win:432
Avg$Loss:-864

No comments:

Post a Comment