Thursday, April 23, 2009

EliteTrader

3:05pm CDT -Another rocky day but did okay in the end. Best short today was around 2:25 CDT for nearly 2 points.

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:18
Net $P/L:215
Wins:7
Losses:3
Win%:70
Avg$Win:78
Avg$Loss:-111

----------------------------
I've received numerous inquiries since I stopped posting my daily P/L at EliteTrader.com asking if I'm still trading, etc. so after a long hiatus I thought I'd post to their P/L thread yesterday to update everyone. Guess I'm not surprised it was deleted. I posted the same thing today with a blotter. We'll see if that gets zapped or edited?

My post yesterday:
Hi all - I'm resuming posting but doing it on my own terms (blotter not required) at http://mbagearhead.blogspot.com if anyone feels like following along... :)

ET Moderator deleted post and replied:
Sorry, blotter is required. And we like to keep members here, not have ET be used as an ongoing means to gain readership on a blog. If you like, add your blog link to one of the blog threads in the Educational Resources forum. And in the Trader P/L journal you are welcome to copy/paste your blotter info here. Thanks.

Ya know, I have no beef with Elitetrader.com and for the most part enjoyed posting on their P/L thread awhile ago but I have to vent one last time. Their archaic rule that a blotter must accompany all P/L posts is just silly. It's meant to thwart off the fraudsters that simply type a huge profit number regularly seeking fame and limelight on the site without "backing it up." Posting a screen snapshot of your P/L does not prevent this or back anything up! Anyone could snip their simulator results or photoshop a pic in just a minute and upload that as their "real" blotter. As I've stated there before, I'm equally motivated/inspired by P/L posters whether they include a blotter or not. Like all things on the Internet, everyone's free to believe or not believe whatever they want. 'Nuff said!

6 comments:

  1. it is not that big of a deal to have to post a blotter on ET. Why would anyone just go on and post a large number for "fame" or notoriety? It is part of the involvement of being on that ET journal, where you have been for awhile. It takes less than 30 seconds to create . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Anon - it doesn't take much time. But why REQUIRE it? Can't I just post my net P/L for week on Fridays? Can't SethArb post his %gain? ET Answer: NO, unless you have a blotter! Although a blotter with a single number is allowed, it doesn't provide any more info than a typed number! Perhaps if ET changed the rules for blotters REQUIRING them to provide more info like contracts/shares traded, number of trades, avg. win and loss, etc., then maybe I could see some value. But for the foreseeable future, I'll be happy doing my own thing blogging. Check out this thread if you missed it in '07: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101845

    ReplyDelete
  3. ET and the trading industry in general is full of skeptics. I agree with you, a blotter or some snapshot of one's trading platform doesn't prove anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just noticed you're in Chicago. Where are you at? I'm in Glenview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. E-Mini, I'm in the city - just south of Wrigley field. Go Cubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, I have place right across from Navy Pier as well. Email me if you wanna talk shop sometime :)

    ReplyDelete