Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Almost Red

3:15pm CDT - A slow start but 3 wins of 4 trades in the morning, then I took a questionable trade long on the failed breakout in early afternoon which stopped me out and painted the net P/L red. Remained in the red until the final half hour when a scalp long with more size at 852.25 (good resistance level and potential triple bottom) got me back to green. Whew...

I was nearly ready to end the day red and be relieved that the first red day in awhile was finally here. I know my winning streak can't/won't continue forever. But guess I don't mind if it waits a bit longer!

For those wondering what I look at all day, here's my screen layout of my primary monitor.


Other monitors include my DOM and broker windows, along with 1 min. charts of the YM, NQ, and TF which I glance at while in an ES position. It's likely all in my head but I think looking at the other minis helps me know if I should hold steady on my target price, adjust it or scratch.

Again, as mentioned in my first post on this blog, I don't intend to discuss my system details so please keep that in mind if commenting. Thanks!

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:13
Net $P/L:91
Wins:5
Losses:2
Win%:71
Avg$Win:74
Avg$Loss:-140

4 comments:

  1. Hi MBAGearhead,

    What is TF?

    Thank

    keep your journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh TF is russell 2000?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you started a blog MBA. I always liked seeing your posts over at ET. Inspirational and scary at times! LOL!!
    Good luck with the trading. It looks like you're well on your way to success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon- yes, the mini Russell 2000

    DT233- thanks for comment. Hope my scary trading days are behind me!

    ReplyDelete