Friday, January 24, 2014

Fri. 1/24

1:50pm CST - Not sure if I should laugh or cry this week but I guess progress was made in my discretionary method as I made $329 net on the short week and had potential for so much more if I had been more patient with my trade management the past 3 days. More homework for the weekend to backtest the never ending flood of ideas I have to tweak things. I know, I know! You don't have to tell me the dangers and pitfalls of constant tweaking but it's in my nature.
Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $14(2), NQ $10(15)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:17
Net $P/L: 25
Wins: 2
Losses: 2
Win%:50
Avg$Win: 350
Avg$Loss: -338
R/R:1.0

2 comments:

  1. hey I posted this before but I am not seeing it show up. I think you should check out DBPhoenix thread on elitetrader.com. The thread name is "bride if you can draw a straight line".
    Seems like your entrys are good from what I have seen, you need to work on your exits...DB pulled out 85 points from the move on friday with the NQ. Not to make fun of you, but after 3 losing years, perhaps you need to modify your trading. DB is very helpful if you are willing to put in the work, and always takes time to check out your trades and give some feed back. Could be very helpful to you, all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Clint. Of course what any trader can "pull out" on a given day has no bearing on what I can or can't do.

    ReplyDelete