Friday, November 18, 2011

Fri. 11/18

10:00am CST - Tried something new today. My old buddy CL. And I'm quitting while I'm ahead. Rest of day scrolling through charts most likely. For the week, net loss of -$4541.

"The most important motive for work is pleasure in work, pleasure in its results, and the knowledge of the value of the result to the community."- Albert Einstein
Not sure how best to spin the last part but we do provide liquidity and once I make a $million+ I plan to significantly increase my contributions to charity. :)



RESULTS FOR DAY
CL Contracts:10
Net $P/L:206
Wins:3
Losses:4
Win%:43
Avg$Win:226
Avg$Loss:-118

7 comments:

  1. Our value as traders? IMMENSE. We provide for our families (#1 responsibility). We pay taxes. We provide income for 100's of businesses to help them stay afloat and keep their employees. And the better we do the more society benefits. I can think of a 100 jobs more "worthless" than that of a trader. I'm not an Ivy League egghead "economist". I just see it in black and white. (apply blood pressure monitor now) Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've answered this question before YM. LOL As for "The better we do them more society benefits" -the reality is the better we do the worse someone else does. It is a zero sum game after all for us speculators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said YM! I agree, that is exactly how it is.

    Zero Sum game - nope. Money gravitates towards the 20%. As is the case for every species 20/80 rule applies. The Bell curve applies to EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MBA/YM/Sandy

    reminds me of a conversation I had with my wife, she asked how I can take pleasure in short that worked out great for me, but "was some ones loss".

    It's easy, as a trader, I am risking my own capital to make a profit like any other business. Then I added that traders are part of the oil in the machine we call the global economy.

    Sandy, 20/80 for some, 1/99 for a select few.

    ReplyDelete
  5. >I plan to significantly increase my contributions to charity

    You already have! For the last several months you have been giving money away by the shovelful. Pretty soon you may have to find a well-employed wife to support your habit of philanthropy in the markets. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon, I prefer to think of it as "tuition." And I'm up over last few months actually. :)

    ReplyDelete