Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thurs. 4/07 - Enough

12:00pm CDT - Enough is enough. Know when to say when. Yada, yada, yada... As I said a couple weeks ago, being a breakeven trader is not the plan. Which of course means being a losing trader is not either. Technically, I'm breakeven now for past 11 months and have given back ~60% of gains from 2010. My ZS system is broken and may recover but at this point it is not worth waiting to find out with real money. I will be taking a break from trading as I spend my time revamping my methodology or inventing a new one/ones! I expect to be back before end of April.

Today was stopped to the tick in a ZW short that would have paid nicely. Similar to ZS which I trailed stop too soon to breakeven as the earthquake news hit.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $386(10), ZW -$463(5)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:15
Net $P/L:-77
Wins:1
Losses:2
Win%:33
Avg$Win:474
Avg$Loss:-276

8 comments:

  1. So, can I get ur old system? It's very common when you stop, the market back to normal. Just kidding :) enjoy your break, you're still part of little comunity called profitable trader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'll help you finding new system. Check your email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey MBA, I like to play this video every few days. We've all been down this road before. You'll figure it out. Screw the 30 or the 50 yardline. Don't be ordinary like most everybody else. Be extra-ordinary.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSM1mvMypWU&playnext_from=TL&videos=jQfIbqfGILM

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your break MBA. I know we'll see you back here before long.

    Dang YM, leave it to you to make me tear up on a Friday night. Since you don't blog I hope you don't mind if this clip shows up on my blog in the next few days!

    -AT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brutal.

    Not sure what else to say, but I am at least sitting here in sympathetic silence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YM - great video thanks, I remember seeing that somewhere before, I think it was D.Miller's blog.

    De'T, AT, L&W - thanks for notes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd spend the time off learning to program a computer so you can automate more of your results. Classes are relatively cheap at the local community colleges. You have the mind for this, just not the proper tools+special skills.

    ReplyDelete