Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tues. 11/26 + Custom Audio Alerts

2:25pm CST - The first 45 min or so were so dead I did not expect anything much to happen today and passed on lots of buy signals on the slow crawl up!
RESULTS FOR DAY
TF Contracts:4
Net $P/L: 50
Wins: 1
Losses: 2
Win%:33
Avg$Win: 215
Avg$Loss: -83

Custom Audio Alerts

For those that like to have your trading software make noises at you when an indicator says it's time to enter a trade or time to look for a trade, did you know it's real easy to create custom .wav files? I watch several markets so I have custom wav files say "Soybeans" or "Nasdaq", etc. using Voice Recognition software. And to alert me to which indicator on a chart might be firing I combine wav files to create, for example, one that makes the "boing" noise followed instantly by the robotic voice saying "Soybeans". The sky is the limit. I guess you can record your own voice with your microphone but I don't want to hear myself bark out alerts to myself and the computer generated voices sound much more professional and allow you to select different voices and vary the pitch, etc.

Anyways, if interested, the links to the free software I use are below.
Speakonia - Voice Recognition Software
Audacity - Audio Editor (to combine .wav files)

For Ninja users, if you don't know how to allow the selection of a wav file in the indicator's parameters, here's the basic code you can add to the proper sections.  Be sure you put any custom wav files you create into the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\sounds folder.  Email me if you need any help.

Ninjascript
#region Variables
private string alarmFilename = @"Bullet.wav"; //default alarm
private bool soundAlarm = false;
#endregion

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
if (SoundAlarm)
PlaySound(alarmFilename);

#region Properties
[Description("Sound Alarm when triggered")]
[GridCategory("Parameters")]
public bool SoundAlarm
{
get { return soundAlarm; }
set { soundAlarm = value; }
}
[Description("Filename of Alarm from Ninja folder")]
[GridCategory("Parameters")]
public string AlarmFilename
{
get { return alarmFilename; }
set { alarmFilename = value; }
}
#endregion

No comments:

Post a Comment