Monday, November 4, 2013

Mon. 11/04

3:20pm CST - No trades for me yet this month.  Working on the plan and new systems.  It's been 3 months since I've been focusing mostly on discretionary trading and I can't say I like the results.  For this reason, I'm going back to predominately mechanical system trading.  That's not to say there won't be some discretion on occasion but I plan to make it very limited.

The method I mentioned last week that I dusted off and thought was a good way forward I am less keen on now.  After more testing it does not produce enough profit per trade, ~2 ticks gross at best, and has too erratic of equity curve.

An update on my TF system I stopped trading 3 months ago now is that I've missed out on about $2400 in gains.  It's still performing below the average line but within expectations and I will continue to track this and may resume trading it if I don't find a better use of my time and capital.

The only other system I have right now which I have been trading is a 6E system. It only signals about 3-4 times a month and I've taken 2 trades in Sept. and one in Oct.  So far, all winners for about $1300 total.

No comments:

Post a Comment