Monday, July 9, 2012

Mon. 7/09

2:30pm CDT - Just like last Monday starting the week in the hole. I did realize a problem with the multiple systems I am trading on NQ that I need to give some thought to correct.  I had conflicting signals today and the one I took was a loser and the one I didn't was, of course, a winner.  Do I just let them cancel each other out and not trade?  Perhaps that is the best approach. Or is one a higher expectancy than other?
RESULTS FOR DAY
NQ Contracts:16
Net $P/L:-982
Wins:0
Losses:4
Win%:0
Avg$Win:0
Avg$Loss:-246

3 comments:

  1. You should let them trade as if they were trading independently, if the entry prices for both the systems are exactly the same then you may want to build some intelligence in your program to not execute the entry to save comissions, but then the different exit prices will determine the trade. So if the short system exits first then you will go long at the short system's exit price or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with anonymous. That is what I do when different systems give different signals.

    Of course, what do I know? I thought my money was safe at PFGBest!

    http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/CaseDocument.aspx?seqnum=3356

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree Anon, I've done that with past systems. However, when the market's moving fast it is difficult for my "program" (aka: my brain) to make the necessary calcs! Where's my robot when I need him?

    ReplyDelete