Friday, July 27, 2012

Fri. 7/27

12:50pm CDT - Was done mid-morning and not much to show except a linear-ish downward sloping line. For the week, net loss -$1261.  I plan to simplify things before my next trading day.  I'm really trading too many systems concurrently on the NQ and my focus is not as crisp as it needs to be.  And today, this week, and this month, I have demonstrated no discernible edge.  The journey continues...
RESULTS FOR DAY
NQ Contracts:32
Net $P/L:-1134
Wins:0
Losses:7
Win%:0
Avg$Win:0
Avg$Loss:-162

4 comments:

  1. chop off Monday & Friday trading then you have beautiful results week after week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - is it that simple? I had to look and you're right, for past 7 weeks I have netted +$4k Tues, Wed, Thurs...

      Delete
  2. MBA,

    I'm wondering why you don't just boil down what you're doing and concentrate on refining one setup/method, trading it exclusively until you have a large sample size?? That way, You'll be able to methodically eliminate what's standing between you and consistent profitability...

    Do you keep stats for yourself and use them to sharpen your edge? Perhaps blogging is taking your focus away from your goals and more on telling the story?

    Just throwing some thoughts out there as I know the above ideas have really helped me on my way.

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. MBA,

    As you said, I also believe that a simplified method/edge is the way to go. For consistent results, imho it requires a consistent method of trading, the easier it is to follow increases the chances it will be committed to muscle memory and become habit.

    ReplyDelete