Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wed. 6/01

11:10am CDT - Back to trading my old ZS system which takes a max of 2 trades a day. This gives me lots of time to work on other systems as well. Below is the performance over past 17 months and how impeccable my timing has been in trading the system. I don't remember exactly when I resumed trading it late last year as my results I record daily are mixed in with another ZS system I was trading at that time.


Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $1559(8)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:8
Net $P/L:1559
Wins:1
Losses:0
Win%:100
Avg$Win:1559
Avg$Loss:0

4 comments:

  1. As your system appears to be making new equity highs at the moment, please provide ordering information ASAP. I would like to buy your system and begin trading it immediately. Please bear in mind that I have only $100 left to spend on said system (which leaves me with $100 to begin trading said system). Unlike you, however, I will stop trading said system at the equity highs, and start trading said system again at the equity lows. Thank you for your prompt response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? You will start trading it at the equity lows and stop at the highs? I need to hire you then to trade it!! I could give you, say, 50% of P/L and still come out way ahead of what I've done with this system over past year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a few days behind reality, but that isn't unusual...

    I find it helps (me at least) to do some analysis to look at what sort of draw-down is 'inherent' and when it is time to start worrying (and potentially easing off). Set your own confidence limit that you are prepared to tolerate and vow not to deviate until that is exceeded.

    I know the calculation is full of approximations but as an engineer, not a scientist, then you should have no problem with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. L&W, thanks for note. My rule-of-thumb (thumb sizes vary), is if a drawdown gets to be 1.5 greater than historical max it is time to quit or reevaluate. But as my history has proven, sticking to that rule is entirely another matter! Of course with the recent large drawdown in this system (~20k), this rule would require that I potentially stomach a $30k drawdown (or nearly half my equity). What to do, what to do...

    ReplyDelete