Friday, September 3, 2010

Wrong side of bed

1:45pm CDT - I must have gotten up on wrong side of bed today. There's no other "good" explanation for my mistake-filled, overtraded day. To start, I got to my desk from kitchen 40 sec. after the release of non-farm payrolls report. Then take a look at my CL trades and you'll see that my brain was not working:

Then to add to the losses, I fat fingered a signal in my ZS system which should have netted $1300 today. Basically I took a long trade off that I shouldn't have and decided not to correct the error by putting the long back on. It went to target without me. Then made a few more ZS trades including the only winner of the day. So ends the week. Happy Labor Day on Monday!

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS -$793(28), GCL -$1185(8)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:36
Net $P/L:-1979
Wins:1
Losses:10
Win%:9
Avg$Win:480
Avg$Loss:-246

For the week, net was -$2120 in beans and -$580 in crude oil.

3 comments:

  1. We can't control the market so thankfully we CAN control the amount of preparation we do before the bell rings. I get the idea you fell out of bed and were in front of the computer a minute later. Maybe you never gave your head a chance to be "in the game" today in the first place. But I hear the market will still be here next week so you'll get a chance to make up for past sins. Hallelujah, and Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Freud would have much to say about your trading today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, done that (emphasis).....

    ReplyDelete