Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thurs. 9/30

3:15pm CDT - A fitting losing end to the month and quarter. Crude kicked my butt again and you can see why:


However soybeans bailed me out so it wasn't too bad of day. My discretionary trading this month (since stopping my systems) has been mediocre at best. As I have known from past discretionary runs, I am my own worst enemy most of the time. I need structure and hard and fast rules to dictate what I do on each and every trade. Otherwise, I short change my performance.

Since I quit trading my CL system on 8/18, I have lost $1500 in CL. The system's results in the same time period would have been $5000 (hypothetically).

Since I quit trading my ZS system on 9/16, I have made $3000 in ZS. The system's results in the same time period would have been $2000 (hypothetically).

Going forward, I will once again go back to trading only systems that I have developed and backtested. For the short term, I am going to focus on ZS.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $920(18), GCL -$984(10)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:28
Net $P/L:-64
Wins:2
Losses:10
Win%:17
Avg$Win:727
Avg$Loss:-152

1 comment:

  1. Luckily with your experience, you are still alive after that kungfu chop fighting :)If it was me, I'm sure dead with my small account.

    ReplyDelete