Friday, February 5, 2010

BE Week

3:00pm CST - It was a breakeven week overall. My RLM system hit $430 at one point today ($70 shy of calling it a day) then proceeded to give back $900 in the up move in final 2 hours. Frustrating day all around including ICE orders being stuck at OEC for a short bit this morning until they restarted their connection.


Net breakdown (contracts traded):
RLM -$482(49), ZS $2(2)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:51
Net $P/L:-480
Wins:12
Losses:19
Win%:39
Avg$Win:117
Avg$Loss:-99

P/L for the week ended right where it started! Too bad I can't have back the 6 losers I ended today with. In the end, it was my ZS trades this week that sucked, costing me $700. But you can't undo trades so I will move along and strive to do better next week.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why you traded so many contracts. Higher than normal for you. How are you not getting crushed by commissions? Is that part of your PnL there?

    Also, because this is the internet, I must clarify that my questions are not being asked in a condescending manner. I'm just asking for clarification, and have no biases, supremacy complexes, or negative opinions of you or your methods.

    With that having been said, it has been a pleasure to see your performance improve from losing to being even break-even. I don't think non-traders realize how even that small step is a big step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TC. Thanks for the comment. It was alot of contracts Friday because I did not hit my +/-$500 circuit breaker early in the day. And with the extra volatility, more signals fired (some very questionable!). P&L is NET so commissions are always included in ALL my P/L, equity curves, etc. that I report. It would have been a positive week if I didn't have to pay commissions.

    ReplyDelete