Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More Broker Hell

3:10pm CDT - Open ECry had no charts/quotes/DOM for awhile this morning (more than an hour). I tried my best to trade off my eSignal charts alone but it was not a good idea in hindsight. It was a tough market to trade even without broker issues to make matter worst. I'm not sure if/when they will ever get their act together but for the near future, I recommend everyone stay away from OEC until they have at least 3 months of solid performance.

I was down nearly double the end tally after the opening 2 hours. Fought back half of it the rest of the day.

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:25
Net $P/L:-490
Wins:6
Losses:8
Win%:43
Avg$Win:95
Avg$Loss:-132

3 comments:

  1. I still don't know why you're with them. At the minimum, you should get a backup broker, and you already know my recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OEC platform is excellent in my opinion, but there are other bokers using it, i know at least 4 other than OEC usin OEC platform..I use e-futures.com (Cannon trading)and not had any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EMini- I'm a glutten for punishment and change is such a pain. Today they had no issues - they keep teasing me!

    Paul- I agree it's good which is why I've struggled with them over the years. I wonder how the other brokers using OEC platform handle the new software release problems?

    ReplyDelete