Thursday, October 15, 2009

Comments

2:45pm CDT - Thanks all who follow along and for most of the comments in Tuesday's post. I read everything that comes in and take it all in, even if it may be blunt unsolicited advice at times. So far I've only had to delete one comment a week or so ago from an Anonymous commenter that called another commenter an idiot. But I know 99% of my followers are mature adults so will likely keep the comment section of this blog unmoderated but reserve the right to change that if I ever need to.

Yesterday I took the day off and will tread lightly going forward for now. One ES trade today shows I am still out of sync, but only by a tick! I was stopped out on a long at the low tick of the regular session at 82.75.
10/15/09 ES Trades

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:1
Net $P/L:-103
Wins:0
Losses:1
Win%:0
Avg$Win:0
Avg$Loss:-103

7 comments:

  1. Surprised you didn't get back in Long on the dips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, looks like a layup in hindsight huh? The 9:50cdt bullish engulfing 5-min bar that stopped me out at it's low was a nice buy signal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not in hindsight at all!

    I posted the following at 11:38 AM (central) on Twitter/StockTwits when ES was dipping to the 1085 area:

    "$ES_F retraced nearly 80% of this morning's nose dive. I'm thinking we test and break the Globex high at 1090"

    http://www.stocktwits.com/u/eminiplayer

    ReplyDelete
  4. so 1 trade a day eh?
    http://tinypic.com/r/2cxfe9x/4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out the Webinar titled "@FuturesTrader71 Impromptu Webinar on how he trades $ES_F: Thu Oct 15 2009" posted here: https://www.hamzeianalytics.com/Educational_Webinars.asp

    Very informative and may give you some ideas. Good luck dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand your stop placement. 82.75 was the last swing low from Wednesday. Why would you have your stop on that price?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emini - nice tweet call, thanks for webinar link - will check it out.

    JZW - you are right but the premarket traded much lower than that. 83 was low of regular session (8:30cdt bar) so I set stop a tick under that. I should have given it more room but that was what I was willing to risk at the time.

    ReplyDelete