Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jerky

3:10pm CDT - Tough day. Lots of fake outs today which kept me scrambling and bouncing from red to black and back again. On the chart are 5 trades from the morning which had me a smidge red. Recovered in the afternoon but the jerky action had me taking gains off quickly. ...too quickly in most cases. I expect this jerkiness is partly related to expiration day which is tomorrow.
9/17/09 morning trades

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:28
Net $P/L:152
Wins:7
Losses:2
Win%:78
Avg$Win:125
Avg$Loss:-361

7 comments:

  1. I like how OEC automatically plots the trades on the chart for you. That Avg$Win:Avg$Loss is slippin' but good to see that you still managed to end the day with a positive P/L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yeah, OEC has some nice features when it works! Quotes froze a couple times today for a brief minute or two...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation for your good trading.

    How much stop and target do you use?

    thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Superman. My stops and targets vary. Targets normally less than 2 points and stops normally less than 4 points. Lately I don't use a fixed stop but wait until chart tells me to get out. Target I always set with limit order initially but do adjust it at times as trade progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank MBA, What is you opinion about stop 2point and target 1 point?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No opinion Superman. Backtest or trade on sim and see how it does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much

    keep your trading

    ReplyDelete