Friday, September 11, 2009

IRA

2:40pm CDT - Nice end to a nice week... Glad my broker's problems seem to be in the past too with virtually no issues of data lags or freeze ups this week. Having eSignal as a chart/quote backup has been a great investment over the years. (although they charge too much!)

I'm feeling pretty good trading 2 lots recently and may soon start trading again in my IRA account (Oct.?) if my results continue. I used to trade only my IRA account but have been trading a taxed account mostly over the past year. Since I lost any resemblance of an edge or consistency awhile ago, I stopped trading in the IRA since a blowout there would not be easy to recover from and would jeopardize retirement funds. Only trade with money you can afford to lose!!!

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:10
Net $P/L:524
Wins:5
Losses:0
Win%:100
Avg$Win:105
Avg$Loss:0

5 comments:

  1. Nice week for you! Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. MBA,

    Congratulations for the progress you've made recently. I have a question for you:

    What kind of platform you are going to use if you trade two accounts at the same time?

    I'm using NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader can enter a trade at the same time for multi accounts. However, it can't manage and close trades at the same time.

    I'm still looking for a platform which can enter, mangage and close trades in multi accounts at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon, OEC Trader has Allocation Block Manager which allows you to have many "behind the scenes" accounts and trade them all from 1 DOM based on rules you setup. See OEC Allocation Block

    ReplyDelete
  4. MBA,

    From I've read from the link you provided, it seems that the OEC allocation block can manage trade entry for multi accounts very well. How about trade manangement and exit? For example, what about multi targets?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon, in the block manager setup you have to prioritize your accounts. So on a partial fill (entry or exit), your #1 account will always get the fill first. Multi targets work fine as long as you want to place orders in all accounts at the same prices. I think OEC will let you demo this if you sign up for demo account.

    ReplyDelete