Friday, August 7, 2009

TGIF

3:15pm CDT - I knew today wasn't my day when I was down $300 by 10am mostly due to trying to play the short side. Not the brightest move considering the strength of the employment numbers and the strong market move up! Later I did something I NEVER do and accidently pressed the mouse button while grabbing it to move to Excel window. The cursor happened to be right over the BUY area on my DOM and the "ka-ching" sound told me instantly what happened. It turned out to be one of my better trades of the day as I exited for a tick profit! LOL

RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:13
Net $P/L:-246
Wins:6
Losses:5
Win%:55
vg$Win:16
Avg$Loss:-68

Did more backtesting of a strategy that I was optimistic about yesterday but not so much now. It's just another case of being fooled by randomness! Back to drawing board... ES System Aug09

5 comments:

  1. Do you have another business aside from trading? I ask because you seem really relaxed/chill even during a draw-down phase. Trading would be less daunting if one had multiple income streams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some rental income that helps pay the bills. Not "HAVING" to win every week, month, etc. does help with the mindset. But I am normally very chill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Btw, where did you earn your MBA? I live two blocks from University of Chicago (Gleacher Center) and may be applying there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. U of C is a great program. Hope you can get an employer to pay for it! I went to DePaul.

    ReplyDelete