Monday, March 9, 2020

Mon. 3/09 -11.5%

4:00pm CDT - Trading tests you in so many different ways.  Last night was the biggest brain fart I've had in ages.  Didn't even have computer on until an hour after open when I saw Crude down 20%, the charts of course, and read the news.  I really couldn't see it going lower than it did and two 30-min hammer candles and a slight break to upside got me long a miny (QM) with plans to hold at least overnight or a day or two to capture some of the gap close which will happen at some point.  I set a safety stop well below the opening action pretty positive there's no chance it would hit. A swing trader I am not!  As much as it hurts, I feel for all the traders and funds that totally got blown up. I actually had thoughts about going long last week for a longer term position. smh

ES trading was 2 and done.  Back to even on year but hope to make up loss in days/weeks ahead. 
Net breakdown (contracts traded):
CL -$2203(1), ES +$469(2)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:3
Net $P/L: -1734
Wins: 2
Losses: 1
Win%:67
Avg$Win: 235
Avg$Loss: -2203

No comments:

Post a Comment