Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thurs. - BookMap, CME Indexes

2:10pm CDT - Been doing a trial of BookMap software exclusively offered through Stage5 Trading. Not sure if I'll use it regularly but I can see some advantages particularly for scalpers. It remembers ALL DOM/order history and visualizes it on a chart. Sure there's spoofing bids and asks that disappear as price approaches but when the liquidity remains and trades or price bounces off those levels, it can be foretelling. See red circled areas. The whiter the horizontal bars are, the more size there is available on the order book at that given time.

In other news, the Russell 2000 is returning to CME, in 2 years...

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Jigsaw provides quite the same visual. Very aware of the tunnel vision and see myself scalping less in future, not more so doubt I'll continue BookMap past my trial. There's definitely potential for information overload here.

    ReplyDelete