Friday, April 17, 2015

Stage 5 Trading

No trades today but wanted to take a second and give a plug to Stage 5 Trading for anyone trading futures.  They are an introducing broker for Gain Capital/Futures Online (formerly OEC) which I have had a couple of accounts with for many years.  One of the managing partners, Anthony, had been after me forever to join their community and I finally decided to so in 2014 by moving one of my accounts to Stage 5. Primarily it was because I wanted to use the Stage 5 Trade Analyzer which is a great tool (see also).  You've seen it on my recent charts.  Being able to track MFE and MAE on every trade has been eye opening. Exporting results into Excel allows you to track lots of metrics for analysis.  The below chart is an example of my last couple hundred crude oil trades.  If the blue line, representing MFE minus MAE, isn't pointing up, there's a slim chance of long term profitability.  And the greater the slope is the better you are likely to be doing.  I'm still working on keeping the green line above zero!
This tool alone has made the move to S5 worth it but the other services they provide to traders have been a bonus.  The weekly "ask anything" webinars Morad/FT71, the other managing partner does, daily pre-market videos, and chat room have been beyond what I've seen from any other broker.  Let's face it, most brokers give the impression they are content churning traders in and out (after they blowup).  But S5 seems to be more "human" and actually care about how you're doing. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting stat, including it in my stat journal now. It seems that you can export Ninja results to Excel like I do and achieve a similar affect. Or is this different?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ninja has MFE and MAE stats too. But you need a license to trade on Ninja which some of us don't have. Stage 5 software is free. The real-time theoretical average while you're in a trade is nice too, particularly if you scale in and out multiple times during a trade sequence.

    ReplyDelete