Friday, March 23, 2012

Thoughts

I really want to get back to live trading but I continue to delay for many reasons.

First, the market will always be there so what's the hurry really? Particularly when I consider that my total equity is exactly the same as it was 2 years ago.

Second, I have not been satisfied with my system development efforts with NinjaScript Strategy. There are nuisances to programming and/or bugs I can't seem to overcome, yet... Not sure if I will get there or not but at a minimum, it is useful for testing ideas one component at a time even if I have to later piece them together in Excel.

Finally, I'm toying with idea of holding overnight (i.e. swing trading hourly charts). I haven't done that in many years but this is a no-brainer way to reduce commission costs which are always difficult to overcome when day trading.

That's my thoughts this Friday anyways. Subject to change.

6 comments:

  1. pm Mike WinFrey on BigMike you can hire him or brainstorm to get you up to speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You almost near your gold.keep digging little bit more.i have my goldmine now and rest assured 5k per month is piece if cake :) actually i made 20k+ this last 2 months

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from a galaxy far far away. Good luck with your renewed efforts....hopefully they won't bog down with time. But then again, markets are going to give you plenty of opportunity to lose money down the road...lol...take her easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 bigmike member patbateman just upload bunch of strategies. Is it you? Any way BM said he built acres of severs to do backtesting then he got enlightenment and stopped chasing after the rainbow (he is not that strong in math). So my take out of that is you need to find out who you are system or discrete trader and focus on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. The journey continues one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MBA, your fortitude and honesty towards trading is admirable. As for the NinjaScript strategy, it may be worth the time and effort to have a programmer hook you up. In case you have not yet looked.

    http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners#NinjaScript-Consultants

    ReplyDelete