Monday, December 10, 2018

Mon. 12/10 +5.1%

3:00pm CST - Kicking myself harder than usual today. I missed the first trade of day (a winner) as I was in the bathroom.  Then I elected to stop for day after 3 winners in a row.  A nice profit is good to sit back and relax on, no? Well, it could be if I make future decisions to stop trading after being down with a string of losers.  But I generally don't do this or believe in it.  And it's a crime to have outlier losing days but not allow outlier winning days!  This was one of those days.  If I had taken all signals, today would have been: 23 Wins, 6 Losses, Net $2900.  I didn't even get 1/4 of this!

Now I know if an edge is consistent throughout a trading day (if time of day is truly irrelevant), it really doesn't matter if you miss trades, go eat lunch, answer door, etc.  Just keep trading when you are able and the results will work themselves out.

I'm getting close to being able to get automated backtest results but my Ninjascript code is so inefficient it's hard to run on my computer.  Takes forever or locks up Ninja and I have to start over. Manual results so far I'm pleased with.  1:1 RR, just over 57% winners, reasonable drawdowns, and gross avg. gain is 5.4 ticks per trade per contract.
RESULTS FOR DAY
NQ Contracts:3
Net $P/L: 665
Wins: 3
Losses: 0
Win%:100
Avg$Win: 222
Avg$Loss: 0

1 comment:

  1. Over 57% looks promising. Yeah ride your winners and keep your losing days small. A day limit loss amount will be great for you.

    ReplyDelete