Friday, July 22, 2011

Fri. 7/22

1:20pm CDT - Nice way to end the week with a winner in each system! Technically, the ZSMAG trade would have been a loser as it hit target but didn't fill me so I moved target down a tick so it would fill. It would have eventually stopped me out if I hadn't adjusted that. "Don't be a dick for a tick," they say! Results for the week, net gain of $1318.

Net breakdown (contracts traded):
ZS $934(8)
RESULTS FOR DAY
Contracts:8
Net $P/L:934
Wins:3
Losses:0
Win%:100
Avg$Win:311
Avg$Loss:0

3 comments:

  1. Sage advice MBA. I will often enter a trade "a tick too early" because I know some others will anticipate the entry and get in early. I don't want to be watching as my trade pulls away without me because I just had to ask for the perfect entry. Likewise, I will exit a trade a tick early too for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. built that into your system, adjust your target if hit and not fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cory, problem is how long to give it to try to fill at your price before you give up? I'd guess 90% of time target gets hit, price falls back a tick or two, then you get filled. This could take a second or much more. I guess that's why I prefer mechanical trading of systems. I can still react to what I "feel." Of course it seems like this bites me more than it saves me.

    ReplyDelete